Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ongoing K-Dramas I'm Watching

Annyeong, korean dramas lovers. I realize that lately I never write about k-dramas in my blog, and all my posts are mostly about my paintings and fangirling over Shinhwa. I’m still obsessed with their vogue dance. OMG OMG OMG Eric Eric Eric. He totally nailed the dance. Even his 2:8 hair can't bother me.  (I’m sorry, this should be for another post)

Not that I stopped watching k-dramas, it’s just there are no dramas good enough to talk about. The last great drama I watch is That Winter The Wind Blows, and no, it’s not because of Jo In Sung, the drama itself is beautiful, the cinematography is one of my favorite, the story is heartbreakingwarming, the casts are great (Song Hye Kyo, Jo In Sung, Kim Bum, Jung Eun Ji), and Jo In Sung is so hot. (okay, okay, it’s partly because of Jo In Sung)


Even though lately all dramas I’m watching (in my opinion) is so-so, not so bad not so good, when I get home after work, too tired to do anything but not tired enough to go to bed, I often end up watching dramas. And, because my blog lacks of k-dramas reviews lately (not that anyone would notice), I decide to write about some ongoing dramas I’m watching.

Hundred Year Inheritance


This is a looong~ drama with 50 episodes and I have reached episode... 40. What? I just realized that it’s going to end soon. Initially I was going to give up watching this family drama because of this crazy evil monster mother in law.


I hate dramas where the antagonist is super evil and the protagonist is super kind but I eventually watch every episode of this drama, while doing this and that. The first two episodes are too extreme but this drama gets better if you're just patient enough to keep going.

Well, I have to admit that I originally watch this drama because of Lee Jung Jin. I really like his previous drama 9 End 2 Outs, and eventhough sometimes I wonder ‘When did he get this old?’, I’m still admiring him. I love how the main characters fall in love with each other in this drama, also Lee Jung Jin and Eugene Lee Se Yoon and Min Chae Won look good together.



Gu Family Book


This one has high ratings in Korea, but I’m not really into it, I’m not sure why. Lee Seung Gi and Suzy have a lot of fans, maybe this is why this drama is loved by so many people. But seeing Suzy in this drama makes me think she is a good actress and she’ll get even better, because I don’t think she’s this good when watching her in Dream High and Big. Lee Seung Gi? He’s as awesome as usual, except when he’s transforming into a green eyed monster with robot voice. Plus, I love the songs in this drama.


Lee Seung Gi still can't beat Song Joong Ki as my favorite half-human-half-monster. Well, who can?

Yea, noone can.


Nail Shop Paris


I have only watched the first two episodes of this drama, and I said… what the *beep* did I just watch? But, okay, I’ll watch two more episodes and then decide whether I’ll continue watching the drama.
The drama reminds me of Coffee Prince, a girl pretending to be a boy to work in a coffee shop as a manicurist because she wants to get close with a boy who’s working there. Wait, it’s not Coffee Prince, maybe it’s more like Hanakimi (J-drama), or maybe you know the remake: To The Beautiful You.
And just like those two dramas, there are a lot of flower boys in Nail Shop Paris. 

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

To the Beautiful You

The difference is: there are a gumiho and horny ghost involved in this drama. Yes, you read that right.

You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin


IU proves that she’s not only a great singer but also a great actress. I love IU’s voice more than her friend Suzy, but I can’t really tell which has better acting skill. You decide.
If in Dream High IU becomes a singer (of course she does a great job, she just needs to be herself), in this drama she becomes a hard working girl who wants to be an actress. This drama has 50 episodes and I’ve been watching 20 episodes, and so far I think it’s well made and consistent, almost all the characters have stories to tell so it’s like watching some mini dramas. There are some boring parts and I don't really look forward to next episode every week, but it’s still pretty fun to watch. Especially when this couple appear on the screen.




So, which dramas are you watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...